Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Friday, April 1, 2011

Rabbit Rabbit Grandma!

This is no April Fool's joke! I caved. I decided to tell my family this morning. It is mom's birthday and so I knew this would be a special day to tell her the news. Many of you may know that my mom and I have been saying 'Rabbit Rabbit' to each other on the first day of the month since I was old enough to talk. It is a game she played with one of her best friends when she was little and it just got passed on to me. On the first day of every month, the goal is to be the first person to say, 'Rabbit Rabbit.' Several of my friends have been drawn into the game through the years and now it is just sort of tradition. I called mom this morning and we both said "Rabbit Rabbit!" at the same time. (she thinks she won) My Rabbit Rabbit had a 'grandma' attached to the end. She didn't quite get it at first. I had to go on to say, "This time next year, I will have to buy you a happy birthday grandma card." Finally I hear, "Are you serious??" I then got to tell my brother and then my dad. I guess it is pretty heavy news because all 3 kind of had to digest what I just told them. My mom woke my dad out of a sound sleep. He will probably go back to sleep and wake up and think it was a dream. Everyone seemed excited and I can't wait to see them in person for hugs.

Orkut Scraps - Hugs

Orkut Scraps

No comments: